Thursday, February 17, 2011

Assignments #7, #9, #11 - Critiques

Stop Action/Motion Blur
I am pleased with how my pictures turned out, but there is definitely much room for improvement. I really like the picture with Erin's hair whipped to the side. However, I wish I had the camera panned down more so her head is closer to the top of the picture. I love the kicking pose in the other picture, I think it's perfect. But what I don't like is the image turned out too grainy, dark, and blurry. There are dust marks and scratches on both pictures which I don't like either, so I'll have to find a way to avoid that in the future. I would give myself maybe a 6.8/10 or a 7/10.

Depth of Field
I am not that happy with how my pictures turned out. I like the idea I had behind the Giraffe picture but the image turned out too blurry and there are objects in the corner that distract from the main idea of the picture. But this was the only high depth of field photo I took that actually turned out alright. I do like the picture of my cat but I think it turned out too dark and was also not sharp enough. I would give myself a 5.5/10.

Lines
I am quite satisfied with how these pictures turn out. I really like the picture of the trees behind the window because of all the lines in it and I think it's a simple but bold photograph. I also really like my other picture. I thought the light was reminiscent of waves in the way that the lines curled, so I took a handmade figurine that we bought from Vietnam that showed two men on a small boat, and put it on the light hanger. The only thing I don't like about it is I wish the figurine was more in focus. I would give myself a 7.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment